Thursday 18 August 2011

Rain, rain go away

Its Thursday and its raining.  Not just drizzle or a shower but properly raining.  3 Hours now.  Non stop.  Well it was a good opportunity to get my lovely Mum in laws card made for her birthday at the end of the month.
I received a lovely paper pack collection in this mornings post (Melody Ross designer collections which was a steal for £7.50 from wwwcraftsuperstore.co.uk) and decided to make her a really feminine card using Cricut's Indie Art bird and Tim Holz tatterered florals die.

I have also been teaching myself to crochet via Youtube and my ever patient friend Mary.  I have managed to make four rolled roses, using the same pattern, all turned out different sizes. Well you know what they say.  Practice makes perfect!
This is my very first granny square, which will in time become a beautiful cosy throw.  Himself asked if we were going to have one of those old fashioned ratty blankets in our bedroom.  I told him they are 'vintage' and its trendy.  Never keeps up with fashion my man!

1 comment:

  1. romfl !!!!! i can just see you both snuggled up in your blankie with your cuppa's!!!!
    the card is beautiful hun, i just got that die a couple of weeks ago and have been giving it some hammer ever since!!!
    and yey you on the crochetting, i would just end up making knots!!
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete