Thursday 1 September 2011

The first day of Autumn

Is summer getting shorter? Today heralds the first day of Autumn and my local park is full of berries ripening, leaves turning bronze and conkers in their spiky little spheres falling from the trees. It certainly is one of my favourite times of the year. The colour palate is stunning and of course, September is a month that I was both born in and married in! Many of my family and friends were also born in this wonderful month.

These are crying out to be put in a pie!




I have also been baking a belated birthday cake for my beloved to take into work. A delicious gluten free recipe I picked up ages ago from Waitrose called 'Santiago Lemon Torte'. All that goes into it is ground almonds, eggs, sugar and lemon. It's quite flat and when cooked, is doused in a lemon syrup. Love it but nt going to get to eat it as the guys at Lee's work will probably polish it off.

My card today was one I cased from the website of a lovely lady but I cannot credit her as I didn't keep record of it. I decided to make an easel card as I do love the extra dimension. Tree's are good to use on masculine cards, which I find very hard to do

1 comment:

  1. ooooh yummo pie mich and the card is just beautiful.huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete